Computer and/or Internet Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingmetalx

Solid State Member
I have AOL with dial-up...and I know it's comparatively slow anyways, but I've been dealing with VERY unusual slow speed for about a month. I have no idea what is wrong and it seems it started happening all of a sudden. I took a speed test online and it said that I have a speed of "35.2 kilobits per second." I don't know if that is good or bad....but it totally seems like whenever I'm d/ling something, my speed gradually falls and falls and continues to fall.

I also don't know if this picture will help, but I took a screen shot of my Windows Task Manager stuff:
ss.png

I'd appreciate any comments or resolutions? Thanks.

P.S. I've done every kind of check-up on my computer possible (virus and spyware scans, defrag, deleted cache and cookies, reformatted several times.)

haha, you are fine... my CPU ussage goes from 2% to 4% and my PF ussage is about 206MB. and im on dial up AOL. your fine its not your computer its your connection.

Your computer is fine. it's your connection which is lacking.

But why would it suck all of a sudden?

I also failed to add that I've switched over to Earthlink and it did the same thing :eek:(

Thanks ;o)

well, you could always try to re-install your modem driver with a later version. Also, has your phone line has been damaged or is really long. Also is your modem internal or external? I always connect when i had dialup on my internal modem at around 33kbps, but on my External modem it connects at 52-56kbps.

Wayne

I'm not sure about the first 2 things....but my modem is internet. I have an external modem and also tried it...but it does the exact same thing :eek:(

well, i can tell your problem right away... i use AOL... then switched to Earthlink 56k... it open one page fast and rest of the pages opened up slower then AOL did. and earthlink slowed my computer ALOT. so if your still using Earthlink then thats your problem. ive had alot of sucess with AOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom