Question about high CPU usage

May be you want to try the liquid cooling thing .. i heard that one is good if you have to work on some serious hardware.

Seriously ? I hear people swear by water cooling to keep mid-range or higher intel chips cool...
But to me its not worth it at all, look at what he's dealing with:
ARK | Intel® Coreâ„¢2 Quad Processor Q9550 (12M Cache, 2.83 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)
This would be more than enough to keep him cool even at 3.8ghz

ZALMAN CNPS10X OPTIMA 120mm FSB (Fluid Shield Bearing) Shark's Fin Blade CPU Cooler - Newegg.com
ARCTIC MX4 Thermal Paste - 4gram - Newegg.com

I'm running the same Q9550 but have one of those huge heat sinks with a 120mm fan and I forget what temps I was getting but they were not too bad, My guess is either slow down the burning or a better heat sink, Mine also hit up to 100% but don't over heat, I also found I getless errors if I burn the disks slower, I don't burn as much as I used to so now I just slow it down and wait a few minutes longer.

Dauntae

Burning at slower speeds will only help with the possibility of a bad burn. If his CPU is still at 100% he's still going to have a heat issue. I think he either needs a new solution or a solid repaste and reapply. Those older 775 stock heatsinks are terribly designed.

Burning at slower speeds will only help with the possibility of a bad burn. If his CPU is still at 100% he's still going to have a heat issue. I think he either needs a new solution or a solid repaste and reapply. Those older 775 stock heatsinks are terribly designed.

Hmm maybe I'm wrong here, but it might be a combination of dvd/cd drive and software issues.
If he's had the drive for more than 3 years working like a pro and all of a sudden it starts getting burn errors constantly.
I would look into the drive and see if a firmware update is necessary.
If thats not the problem, what software is causing the problem ?

For burning dvd/blurays I recommend convertx2dvd or nero essentials 10 or higer up.
Avoid nero vision express like the plague if you have big projects to burn on dvd.
Music, data or image mounting and burning I recommend power iso.

Back
Top Bottom