Psu maybe

Igpenguin

Solid State Member
Ive posted this elsewhere however the sooner the help the better :)

Hey guys,

Just messing with a budget setup, everything plugged in...power on...motherboard lights and fans spin but to my dissmay there is no video output

I have an asus m4a87td evo
Phenom ii x4
Gtx 650i
4gb ram
My old 400w corsair psu

I tried on the mobo vga taking out the gpu but to still no avail....im hoping that the psu is just not enough to power the outout video but is enough to power the mobo....simply so. Dont need another mobo...

Thanks in advance, anymore info needed just ask?

400W is more than enough to power the system without the dedicated gpu.

When did this start having problems? When you put the 650 in?

You need to trip[le check all the wires are plugged in, your RAM is seated properly, and even try clearing the CMOS.

Sorry the board is an M4A785TD-V EVO not the one stated...

And a I put it all together Then ran it I'm unsure when it started. I shall try clearing the cmos when I get home, hopefully that helps.

Wires all seem connected I. E. 24 pin and the 4 pin for mobo. One for had, fan connecter and the front power switch. Anything seem missing?

I believe I connected it... But even so I tried without on the motherboards on board vga with the same result

Wohooo i have power...well...sorta...it powered to windows installed some things and then restarted. Now the screen goes blank after the windows logo...unless im in safe mode.

The issue was some bad ram btw :(

Yes progress :)

Finally passed the black screen thanks to some driver installing etc....it all seems to be running smoothly :D Thank you!

Disliking the HDMI colours though...need to be sorted!

Some plus rep fr you Paton tyvm :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom