Bah, Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Well, i was gonna go ahead and order the Abit AV8 939 Board from Newegg but went on Abit-usa.com forums and found out how many problems this board has. for the board to even reconize the Winchester Core you have to update the BIOS to 15+ i mean if you are building a computer and have a AV8 and its the only comp you have. how are you supose to update the BIOS. dont you have to go on the interent? or how do you update it?

And does anyone have any Experience with this board?

-SiZcO

ohGrFreak, read his post more closely. It's the only comp he has, and if it says it won't work out-of-box with his CPU, how's he supposed to connect to the internet? LAN-osmosis?

SiZcO - I would have a chat with Abit's support first, just to confirm everything and see what they have to say about the problem. Second, if they say you'll need to update before the chip will work, and that's your only chip, you should try looking for another board. Low-hassel is a key selling point too.

im just looking for a good 939 Socket Motherboard where i can plug and play.. and not alot of hassel with BIOS and such. any ideas of some other good 939 Socket Motherboard

And Thanks Shoobie for understanding my post.

Well, posted on Abit Forums and Ricky applyed with this:

All boards released from the factory are now updated...But there still is a small chance you get an older first release that has the 16 BIOS and may need to contact ABIT for a BIOS chip replacement...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But, that could still mean Newegg could still have older AV8 Boards that still have the old version of BIOS. i don't know what to do lol.

I am facing the same delima in choosing a motherboard, so if you get this resolved I would like to know. Otherwise I'm going with the Epox 9NDA3+, which my friend has with the Winchester core and says works out of the box!

Well, Rick from Abit USA said, that all Retails from last week are now shipped with the updated version of BIOS already on the motherboard so everything should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom