Updating Graphics Driver (ATI Radeon X1300)

Shady121

Beta member
So, I can't update my graphics driver. I could usually just go to the device manager and click update on the "Standard VGA Adapter" but for some reason it doesn't work right now.

Here's what happened: I wanted to update to Windows 8 so I did but I couldn't update the graphics driver. I was googling a lot until I found out that the drivers for my laptop weren't out for Windows 8 so I downgraded to Windows 7. However, it didn't work in Windows 7 when it would usually work and update to ATI Radeon X1300. I reinstalled Windows a few times but it still didn't work. I even tried to use Mobility Modder but when I was installing the ATI Catalyst it had an error that made it fail.

Here is the order of the installing (all of them even the ones not mentioned): Windows XP > Windows 7 > Windows 7 > Windows 8 > Windows 7 > Windows 7 > Windows 7 > Windows 7.

Specs
1GB RAM
1.83GHZ Intel Core Duo T2400
ATI Radeon X1300 (That is the driver I could install in the first two Windows 7 installations)

Theories
There could be physical problems with the card - I hardly moved it so I don't think this is the issue.
Windows 7 might be broken - very unlikely.
The scans for the graphics driver usually took me quite long, maybe an update in Windows 7?

Please reply this took me some time to write and I hope you can find a solution.
Thanks for reading
~Shady121

Go into your Device Manager and find the Standard VGA display or whatever...
Right click it, and choose "Properties". Now, go to the "Details" tab.

In the drop-down, find "Hardware Ids", and post whatever the first line says, like this:
HardwareID.jpg

With that, we should be able to figure out what model of ATI card you have, and verify which drivers you should be using.

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7149&SUBSYS_200517AA&REV_00

Also I googled it and found that it is an ID for ATI Radeon X1300

Last edited by a moderator:
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7149&SUBSYS_200517AA&REV_00

Also I googled it and found that it is an ID for ATI Radeon X1300
Download AMD's X1300 drivers here:
Wow, amd doesn't let you link to internals.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

So go there, choose "Desktop Graphics"=>"Radeon X Series"=>"Radeon X1xxx Series"=>Windows 7 (either 32bit or 64bit), and download the 1 option they show you.

Completely uninstall the old ATI drivers first, before installing this package.

Last edited:
Download AMD's X1300 drivers here:
Wow, amd doesn't let you link to internals.
Download Drivers

So go there, choose "Desktop Graphics"=>"Radeon X Series"=>"Radeon X1xxx Series"=>Windows 7 (either 32bit or 64bit), and download the 1 option they show you.

Completely uninstall the old ATI drivers first, before installing this package.
I uninstalled the old graphics driver but it reinstalled. Do you mean to uninstall the old "ATI Catalyst"? Anyway, I installed it, now what? Do I have to go to Device Manager and select the driver?

Last edited:
The driver should have been installed when you installed the updated Catalyst package.

NVM I fixed the problem!
Here's how I did it:
1. I downloaded the ATI Catalyst suitable for my laptop.
2. I installed the installer. (It will say where it will be installed)
3. When the installer for the ATI Catalyst came up I hit cancel.
4. I installed Mobility Modder. Mobility Modder - ATI Version, Install the Latest Drivers on your ATI laptop
5. I opened up the Mobility Modder and browsed to the directory of the install files for the ATI Catalyst.
6. I hit modify and it did its job.
7. I went to the directory of the install files and double clicked the Setup.exe.
8. The drivers installed (ATI Mobility X1300) and Catalyst Control Center installed.
9. I went and played Minecraft :D

Back
Top Bottom