Sound Problem (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Hey all, i recently posted about a problem i was having with my computer. The problem was (and still is) that when i boot my computer up it starts to make a sort of whirring noise. I have opened up my computer MANY many times and several of those times i have dusted and vaccumed it out. This seems to stop the noise for about 4 boot ups. After the 4th -5th boot up it once again starts to make noise. Any suggestions on what this can be?

The comp still has its warrenty (not onsite) so i can go and have it checked out at any time, thing is that the place from which i bought it is small and understaffed and would take them about 1 week to even LOOK at it, not do anything. Now, this would be fine except i'm an Everquest 2 addict and so far have a high level character compared to most other peeps. If my comps is out of reach for 5 - 7 days then I lose my head start :eek:

Any suggestions? :confused:

I have checked the CPU fan for scratches and found non, everything seems screwed correctly. C'mon, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers :D

PSU? Power supply

How would i go abut checking that cause i think my power supply is boxed up with metal casing.....

AND_YOU_ARE said:
Yeah the psu is in a metal casing, they way to test it is to find a different one and install it, see if it makes the same noise.

Hmmm, have no other PSU and not to good at adding things. Think its gonna be a 'shop job' ?

Hmmm, thats a ****ING amazing idea. Thxs Smauler, i have pretty good hearing so i should be able to work it out.

Very good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom