2560x1440 27" Monitor Suggestions

creativity

Baseband Member
Hello.

I am looking at getting a new monitor. 27" 2560x1440 IPS.

The one i'm considering is the Dell U2713HM. It's currently on sale for $600 in Canada.

Any other suggestions at that price point?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I didn't mention, but I do quite a bit of gaming. I will also be upgrading my graphics card for 1440p gaming.

My reasoning for 1440p res is so I don't have to have a deathly expensive video card for a 4k panel. As well, the 4k panel is only 30Hz. Not the best for gaming.

Thanks for the reply.

I guess I didn't mention, but I do quite a bit of gaming. I will also be upgrading my graphics card for 1440p gaming.

My reasoning for 1440p res is so I don't have to have a deathly expensive video card for a 4k panel. As well, the 4k panel is only 30Hz. Not the best for gaming.
You'd be surprised, but Samsung will be having a less than 1000 dollar 60hz Panel I think within this month.

Depends highly on what exactly you're after and your budget. Something like a single 780 can handle 4k gaming easy. It's just you can't max everything all out and you'll run into the same issue on 1440p with a lower end card too.

Depends highly on what exactly you're after and your budget.

^^ this.

My video card budget is ~$250.00
This price range should be adequate for 1440p gaming on med to high settings.

Going back to my original question, Any solid alternatives to the Dell U2713HM in the $600 - $700 range?

A GTX 760 (which is the card for that budget) is going to struggle with 1440p on anything higher than medium for certain games. Namely the heavy hitters like Crysis 3, Last Light, BF4, ect.

As to your question about the LCD. BenQ makes a 1440p monitor that here in the states is cheaper. Not sure if IPS or not though as I'm not Googling for it right now. Other than that, have you considered the Korean ones?

Back
Top Bottom