Does anyone know what D.O.T. is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude...I hope to hell this is a joke...(If it is, it's just moderately funny.)

If it's not, you're the dumbest person I know...(right now at least...)

Really I know its "dynamic Overclocking Technology" But what does it do?

First off, it said what D.O.T. meant right above the checkbox. Even though you may have already known what D.O.T. was, it really didn't sound like it. You should have reworded your message.

Second, I'm not sure how much more descriptive a name can be. It's dynamic...overclocking...technology. That probably means it dynamically overclocks using some kind of, oh I'll guess at it...um...some kind of technology...

Anyway, you've got an MSI board running their DOT chip. Get out yer manual and check it out. There's lots of settings and such. Settings for technology that that will help you ...dynamically...overclock...

ShoobieRat said:
First off, it said what D.O.T. meant right above the checkbox. Even though you may have already known what D.O.T. was, it really didn't sound like it. You should have reworded your message.

Second, I'm not sure how much more descriptive a name can be. It's dynamic...overclocking...technology. That probably means it dynamically overclocks using some kind of, oh I'll guess at it...um...some kind of technology...

Anyway, you've got an MSI board running their DOT chip. Get out yer manual and check it out. There's lots of settings and such. Settings for technology that that will help you ...dynamically...overclock...

I did whip out the manul and there is nothing about it in there.

"Department Of Transportation?"
LOL :) :D

Anyway, ToKeN, if your manual doesn't say anything about DOT, you either have a board that doesn't support MSI's DOT, or you've got the wrong manual.

Here's the verbage copied right from MSI in regards to their DOT chips, usually installed on mobos but the principle is the same:
Dynamic Overclocking
(D.O.T) Dynamic Overclocking Technology is the automatic overclocking function,
included in the MSIÂ’s newly developed CoreCellTM Technology. It is designed to
detect the load balance of CPU while running programs, and to adjust the best CPU
frequency automatically. When the motherboard detects CPU is running programs, it
will speed up CPU automatically to make the program run smoothly and faster. When
MSI Reminds You...
Change these settings only if you are familiar with the chipset.
3-25
BIOS Setup
the CPU is temporarily suspending or staying in the low load balance, it will restore
the default settings instead. Usually the Dynamic Overclocking Technology will be
powered only when users' PC need to run huge amount of data like 3D games or the
video process, and the CPU frequency need to be boosted up to enhance the overall
performance. Setting options:

[Disabled] Disable Dynamic Overclocking.
[Private] 1st level of overclocking, increasing the CPU frequency by 1%.
[Sergeant] 2nd level of overclocking, increasing the CPU frequency by 3%. It is also the default value of Load High Performance
Defaults.
[Captain] 3rd level of overclocking, increasing the CPU frequency by 5%.
[Colonel] 4th level of overclocking, increasing the CPU frequency by 7%.
[General] 5th level of overclocking, increasing the CPU frequency by 9%.
[Commander] 6th level of overclocking, increasing the CPU frequency by 11%.

CPU Voltage

This item specifies the voltage of CPU Vcore. Note that changing CPU Vcore could
result in the system instability; therefore, it is not recommended to change
the default setting for long-term purpose.
Memory Voltage
Adjusting the DDR voltage can increase the DDR speed. Any changes made to this
setting may cause a stability issue, so changing the DDR voltage for long-term
purpose is NOT recommended.
AGP Voltage Adjust
AGP voltage is adjustable in the field, allowing you to increase the performance of
your AGP display card when overclocking, but the stability may be affected.
Adjust CPU FSB Frequency
This setting allows you to select the CPU Front Side Bus clock frequency. Settings:
[100MHz] ~ [300MHz] at 1MHz increment.

MSI Reminds You...
Even though the Dynamic Overclocking Technology is more stable
than manual overclocking, basically, it is still risky. We suggest user
to make sure that your CPU can afford to overclock regularly first. If
you find the PC appears to be unstable or reboot incidentally, it's
better to disable the Dynamic Overclocking or to lower the level of
overclocking options. By the way, if you need to conduct overclocking
manually, you also need to disable the Dynamic Overclocking first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom