More upgrade advice

Spud5437

In Runtime
Hi guys I'm back for more advice.
I recently upgraded by graphics card and power supply to allow my brother in law to play the odd game on my computer. I have now run into a problem following that, I enjoyed playing on it as well and want to upgrade my system to be able to play the latest games.

I'm thinking as I won't do overly much gaming, only when time allows for it I won't need to go insane. With that in mind I think if I could get the best system to suit my new graphics card I would be good. I'm hoping the power supply will be fine but I have listed a few things I would like to have below so if you guys can throw some suggestions at me that would be great. I understand there is lots of possibilities to go with which could range massively in price so for a budget I would like to try to keep everything below £350 but I can go higher and of course lower if it means I will be getting the best bang so to speak. I have a 32inch LG 1080p i use for the computer and don't plan on changing that.

I will need a new case as my current case is tiny – and I would like USB 3.0 ports on the case

USB 3.0

The OS on my current system came preinstalled from acer and even though I have reinstalled a few times I'm not sure if it will be lined to that system? Advice here would be great, but if I do need an OS windows 7 is where I want to stay, I use windows 8 in work and I'm not a massive fan.

Thanks for the help

Once again huge thanks PP!!
I'm happy with most of what you have suggested. I do use a pci express slot at the moment for a wireless card – should have mentioned that earlier. I would like to have one spare for anything in the future. The other parts seem great.
Will I be able to use my current operation system or do I need to purchase another copy of windows 7?
Thanks again

Will I be able to use my current operation system or do I need to purchase another copy of windows 7?
Thanks again

Legally, since the copy is OEM (I'm assuming), it is tied to that system. So you would technically have to buy a new OS, since MS sees a new motherboard/CPU as a new system.

You could try to activate it though and see what happens.

Once again huge thanks PP!!
I'm happy with most of what you have suggested. I do use a pci express slot at the moment for a wireless card – should have mentioned that earlier. I would like to have one spare for anything in the future. The other parts seem great.
Thanks again
Your wireless card will be 1x, it has a 1x slot there. Otherwise this would be an alternative.
Asus B85M-E Intel Socket 1150 Motherboard - Scan.co.uk

If you want to run SLI or Crossfire later you'll need to spend over your budget for a Z87 board.

Legally, since the copy is OEM (I'm assuming), it is tied to that system. So you would technically have to buy a new OS, since MS sees a new motherboard/CPU as a new system.

You could try to activate it though and see what happens.
Some have had success here. Although not recommending it, just putting it out there.

Thanks guys!
I think I will get another copy of windows 7, that way I can give my sister the computer I have now minus the video card and power supply. I still have the old power supply and it will be fine with on-board graphics.

Back
Top Bottom