FPS Sucks - What's failing?

Aaron_B

Baseband Member
Hey everyone,

Lately, my FPS has been fluctuating so badly, I end up going and playing my Xbox, and I only play that when friends are over or my nephew wants me to play. Frustrating beyond belief.

Vid Card - GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Yes, it's updated completely. I have a 1920x1080, 60GHz screen from Samsung. (I like the screen big, lol)

Im running a SSD only, so its not the hard drive (its brand new). I have an i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz.

I am absolutely clueless as to why the FPS is going wacky on me. I am playing League of Legends on Very Low, and its doing this. And, I did turn Anti Aliasing off. Drove me nuts when screen froze and came back. The card wasn't top of the line when I bought it, but it's only going on two years in like March? It's a custom build PC, so any thoughts or comments would be very helpful.

Could it be the connection that its hooked up with? The screen has VGA or HDMI, so right now, I have HDMI to the mini HDMI converter that came with the card. The card has 2 DVI's and a miniHDMI, and I used to have a DVI to VGA converter and the VGA hooked up. It was actually a little bit lower..like I said, im lost.

No, didn't think about that. It never really was as high as it gets now.

Thought about a new card but I can't decide if its the card or the mobo.

Last edited by a moderator:
True, you can close background tasks etc with 'razer game booster', I use it for my games because my laptop is completely rubbish (even though I posted this running a
windows 8.1 virtual machine, which it was just about able to do). Probably you have
accidently downloaded some so called 'offers' in a installer that open in the system tray,
try to get rid of them in msconfig or there might be an uninstaller for it in 'program files'.

Don't use it and manually close out of background programs yourself. Try to find what exactly is hogging your resources instead of trying to rely on programs to do that for you.

Back
Top Bottom