HP G65 Wireless Disabled But Light On

kjacobs

Solid State Member
Hi again....

I have another laptop with an interesting issue.....HP G65 laptop shows the wireless network interface is disabled, yet the FN-F12 key to turn it on does not appear to do anything. The light on the F12 key is on, which should indicate the wireless IS enabled.

Tried swapping wifi cards to see if that would clear it, but there was no difference....same issue.

Any thoughts on what would cause the discrepancy and how to get the wifi card working again????

Make sure you have HP's keyboard / function driver's installed. I've seen some HP's where the ones installed by default don't work properly sometimes, and you just need to reinstall the utility/drivers.

Thanks for the info.....that didn't actually help....LOL. I reinstalled the drivers with no luck.

But you DID get me thinking about the HP software. The HP Wireless Assistant was what appeared to be confused. It thought the wireless was disabled, while the computer thought it was active, but unconnected.

I removed the HP Wireless Assistant and the wireless screamed back to life....working great again. Thanks.

Ken

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom