Hard Drive Shows in bios but not disk management

Diehardx95

Baseband Member
so i got my new 4tb hard drive today from new eggs but it is not showing up in windows whats so ever and the first thing i noticed is that the hard drive makes a gear noise and then beeps and it shows up in the bios
HGv0lYx.jpg
KhT8tB2.jpg

but nothing in the device manager and or disk management. im about to get a replacement unless someone can help me fix it i have 30 days to contact them.

I am not so sure. but may be this can help a bit

my computer>manage>disk management>rescan disk..

tell me if this helped any how.. and if not how'd you figured it out..

thanks

Thanks... That slipped by me, I haven't had to use or become more familiar with 4TB drives as of yet....But I have seen that posted before

Thanks... That slipped by me, I haven't had to use or become more familiar with 4TB drives as of yet....But I have seen that posted before

I haven't ye either; like you, I've just seen it posted around various places before.

I would've thought windows would still see it, but only allow 2TB or whatever the official amount is.

Well Disk Management isn't seeing it - if it did see it, it would be in RAW format until formatted.

BIOS sees it though, but not Windows for some reason, which is why Joe suggested formatting with GParted to see if that would kick Windows into seeing it.

Back
Top Bottom