Epson CX4600

Stan40

Beta member
I have a Mac running OS 10.4.11.
My printer is Epson CX4600.
This morning I went to print something in black and it said ink is out. All other colors are out but black is 3/4 full. I set the setting to print black. I have printed black yesterday but today no dice.

Can you help me?

Thank you

You need more than just black to print "black" funnily enough, inkjet printers clean the head/tubes before printing by cycling ink through, otherwise the head would clog.

PP-
Thanx for the prompt reply...very much appreciated.

"Have you tried just forcing it to print?" What does this mean?

S0ULphIRE

I guess I'm stuck...Epson should give away the printer FREE because they'll be getting it back in ink!
-Stan40

Last edited by a moderator:
You need more than just black to print "black" funnily enough, inkjet printers clean the head/tubes before printing by cycling ink through, otherwise the head would clog.
I know you work with printers for a living, but almost every printer I've ever owned has run out of color before black and I could always just continue printing papers with only black as that's all I would buy for resumes. I've only ever owned cheap Canon printers though.

PP-

"Have you tried just forcing it to print?" What does this mean?

S0ULphIRE

I guess I'm stuck...Epson should give away the printer FREE because they'll be getting it back in ink!
-Stan40
Some printers allow you to just try printing regardless of ink levels by hitting cancel or continue or some button on the printer itself. Depends highly on the model though so was just a suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom