PC restarts randomly while gaming

If this is WIndows 8/8.1 then update your bios. I was having the same issues and it appears that updating my bios may have fixed my problems. I was getting this almost exactly after every month of using 8 or 8.1 Pro. The BSODs just get quicker as time progresses.

Well I updated the bios and audio drivers it needed, it performed well for like 40 min then crashed again. I noticed something on asus gpu tweak. The power target slider is at 72 %. Does it have anything to do or am I just looking at something without relation to the crash? HELP!

I got nothing man I'm having the exact same issues myself. I've read through crash dumps and it can be anything. The only thing I can remotely think it could be is video drivers.

My friend has a spare psu, i'll test it and will post any results, maybe it'll help you too

I have a TT 1000w that has been 100% solid since 2008 and my HX850. It's not a power issue or related to power for me. It's actually not even related to just my machine. I get the same issue on my laptop too. Both using 8.1 Pro x64. This is an issue I've been battling with since the 8 beta and it almost killed my SSD. I go a month with no problems, then next thing I know the BSODs slowly come.

The Kernel Power issue is 2 things. An error being caused by Speedstep being off and the shut downs. Your error is elsewhere. You can read the memory dump file to find this but I bet you'll be inconclusive like I was.

Have you tried switching to, let's say, windows 7?

Edit: i dont get bsod's, it just turns off.

Last edited:
Every single time I have issues I go back to 7 and don't have issues. I only went to 8.1 this time to see if I could nail the issue by looking at my dump files. The errors I'm getting could be anything from USB issues to drivers.

Back
Top Bottom