Problem With my Graphics Card!!! Please Help

The good news is you should have plenty of power. In your BIOS when you have it all plugged in go to the system explorer. It should bring up an image of the mobo and you can hover over each one. Check to see if the mobo sees the GPU.

No it doesn't tried that earlier. Think it might be to do with the power. Been checking manuals and boxes and in very small print on the side of the gpu box it says
'Recommended system requirements: minimum 750w PSU'

The Asus page says max consumptions 300W. I could be wrong but I believe you should have enough power. You may want to ask PP Mguire. He is more knowlegable.

i think he might have been the one that suggested the build so i might ask him.. is there anyway to contact him?

If it was suggested on this forum it was most likely him. What model psu do you have?

I looked up your other posting. I see it was pp, that designed your build. That being the case I know he would not suggest something that wouldn't work together. Do you have another computer or a friend that has a computer you could try your card in? I think you may have gotten a bad card if it doesn't show in the bios/windows.

yeah i guess i could ask my mate. that was another possibility that i thought it could be, just a faulty card.

i've submitted a request to ebuyer to get it replaced so hopefully i can get a new one free of charge.. there is an option about 'not being recognized' so that suggests it isn't something i've done.. either way thanks for your help/responses i'll let you know of any updates.. at least i can still use my computer without it

The fact that it isn't recognized in the bios or windows makes me think you happened to get a bad card. I would just do like you said and get a replacement. I agree it is nice that new PC have the ability to be used without a dedicated gpu!

Back
Top Bottom