Corsair H100i -- Question

Therow

Baseband Member
Hello community!! I was wondering a few things. Firstly I'm using two noctua fans instead of the stock H100i fans -- would I still need to use the Y-cable that connects to the corsair block and into the fans? Couldn't I just simply go from the noctua fans into the power supply, or would that somehow hurt my radiator performance? Secondly; connecting the USB header with the pump provides the pump with power, correct? I only have two available USB ports -- the others are the ┘shaped ports (you can tell I'm so 'in-the-know haha). I would like not to sacrifice my cases USB ports but do I need to in this case? The following is a picture of the instructions -- and thank you all so very very much!!

Attachments

• Intel h100i.jpg
    Intel h100i.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 4
i have the h100i. the link is nice and useful you can control any fan connected to the board even the ones on the video card and the led color on the pump . im sure you can live without it tho. btw im using the cables it came with and the fans. the fans are not very quiet at all. im planing on replacing those at some point but i wear headphones so i don't really notice it much.
very good cooler i have my i7 950 3.0 overcloked at 3.7 i have yet to see my temps get past 55c

That does sound cool... I can miss one of my front USB ports ... ;3 ... Now I'm looking for the SATA connection with my psu O__O I'm sure I have a few but... the hunt is on!!

--Edit--x2

I have to rewire this beast >.< Such a pain but soo worth it!! I'll take pictures once I get it running... also another question!! The connector-cord-things for items like a hard drive -- the ones that go into the mobo -- they usually come WITH the mobo right? I need to hunt down my 'wire box' since I moved... XD

Also ... Is it a bad idea to have the heat sink tubes in a north orientation? I noticed that in the instructions the heat sink tubes are in the east position o/ thanks so much guys for taking the time to deal with my particularly eclectic form of crazy!!

Last edited:
Oi so many questions lol.

Your PSU should have plenty of SATA and Molex connections to power the H100i.

SATA cables come with both the motherboard and HDD/SSDs (if you get box items). You can buy them individually too if you need more.

It doesn't matter how you have the tubes as long as they aren't kinked like a garden hose.

You don't need Corsair Link at all, it;s just a handy feature. Kinda like any software that comes with the motherboard.

Thanks!! I didn't have any editx2-Sata3 cables** come with my SSD ... :c now I can't find my special, beloved, and essential cord-box *cry softly to self*

Also... I'm sure this wouldn't hurt the SSD... But I need to ask just in case. Is it at all bad for it to have it in my case upside down? It just worked out perfect with my psu sata setup (I only needed the one string for 3 devices, one of which was across the case o_O).

Thanks again!

Last edited:
You can practically do whatever you want with your SSD due to its flash nature.

In one case I had it 3M tapes behind my motherboard tray. In another it was velcro. Right now both of my SSDs are kinda just hanging behind my drive cage because I keep putting my Corsair in my laptop for travel.

Back
Top Bottom