Windows XP Machine Does Not See HD's`

croSSeduP

In Runtime
I know this type of question has been asked a lot out there, but I have a bit of a twist on the problem that I haven't seen. I hooked up two HD's from another machine to check the condition of them. The HD's show up in BIOS but not in Disk Management. ? How do I get the computer to "see" them? The disks physically spin up and start working when the computer is booted, but they show up nowhere in any management screen. Help?

I know this type of question has been asked a lot out there, but I have a bit of a twist on the problem that I haven't seen. I hooked up two HD's from another machine to check the condition of them. The HD's show up in BIOS but not in Disk Management. ? How do I get the computer to "see" them? The disks physically spin up and start working when the computer is booted, but they show up nowhere in any management screen. Help?

I recommend hirens bootcd and use minixp on the cd and use its diskmanagement tool.
Download Hiren's BootCD 15.2 | HBCD Fan & Discussion Platform
If it picks it up upon bootup, fix the drives so they will appear my making their partitions active.
However if they do not show up rightaway or at all I suspect the drives cable maybe going out.
Replace them if thats the case.

Back
Top Bottom