4 beeps and post 55 code

ataripirate

Beta member
I have a Intel P67 Socket 1155 Foxconn Rattler board, new
Foxconn PRODUCT : Motherboard : Details

Intel Core i5-3350P Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 69W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80637i53350P - new

GeIL EVO Veloce Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10660) Desktop Memory Model GEV38GB1333C9DC - new

got everything together, turned it on and get 4 beeps and the post code from the onboard display shows 55

found a few different answers on google but most are pretty generic or the solutions didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas or things to try - or see something I am over looking? wrong ram? just not seeing it clearly, some outside advice would be great, if I need to post more info, just ask, I will add anything I can to see if I can get this up and running

thanks

From what I can tell, you have an AMI bios. Here it states your memory is at fault for a 4 beep fault code
AMI Bios Beepcodes

The AMI web page shows a memory error for a 1,3 beep fault code
http://www.ami.com/support/doc/AMIBIOS8_Checkpoint_and_Beep_Code_List_PUB.pdf

Check to see if all your memory is properly seated and try another stick of memory, Also check the specs to see if it's compatible with the motherboard

Can't find anything on an LED 55 fault but a 52 LED fault points to a memory error

Last edited:
I have a Intel P67 Socket 1155 Foxconn Rattler board, new

Intel Core i5-3350P Ivy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.3GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 69W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80637i53350P - new

GeIL EVO Veloce Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10660) Desktop Memory Model GEV38GB1333C9DC - new

got everything together, turned it on and get 4 beeps and the post code from the onboard display shows 55

found a few different answers on google but most are pretty generic or the solutions didn't work.

Anyone have any ideas or things to try - or see something I am over looking? wrong ram? just not seeing it clearly, some outside advice would be great, if I need to post more info, just ask, I will add anything I can to see if I can get this up and running

thanks

Take you PC to a computer repair shop, have them test your cpu first and make sure its not dead.
If it is, get it replaced by intel rma service.
If nothing is wrong with it, have them take out the cmos battery and replace it.
One of those two solutions I gave you should work out.

Tech Support Tab > Support List > CPU Support List

It suppors IvyBridge, but only certain ones. Unfortunately, the i5-3350P isn't on the support list. You can contact Foxconn to see if they have an unlisted BIOS update that adds support, but not very likely. Even then, you'd need a supproted CPU to boot up and install the BIOS update.

You can contact Foxconn to see if they have an unlisted BIOS update that adds support, but not very likely. Even then, you'd need a supproted CPU to boot up and install the BIOS update.

They don't have a bios update for it, I already called them awhile back today.
Foxconn Support - CPU Support List

AtariPirate, if you would like you may exchange your new cpu for this:
Intel Core i5 3470S Ivy Bridge 2.9GHz LGA 1155 65W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500 BX80637I53470S - Newegg.com

Its about 18.88 difference, but the motherboard will support it after you update he bios listed on the link they mentioned.
I recommend you ask one of the computer repair shops for a loaner LGA 1155 celeron to update it.

They don't have a bios update for it, I already called them awhile back today.
Foxconn Support - CPU Support List

Intel Core i5 3470S Ivy Bridge 2.9GHz LGA 1155 65W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500 BX80637I53470S - Newegg.com

Its about 18.88 difference, but the motherboard will support it after you update he bios listed on the link they mentioned.
I recommend you ask one of the computer repair shops for a loaner LGA 1155 celeron to update it.

Newegg doesn't do refunds on CPU's. They only do replacements for the same item within 30 days.

Newegg doesn't do refunds on CPU's. They only do replacements for the same item within 30 days.

Read my last reply carefully please carnagex

Read my last reply carefully please carnagex

Mike, please read the Newegg CPU Replacement Policy:

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Products covered by this return policy may only be returned for a replacement of the same or equivalent item if the original item is no longer available.

Meaning he would have to buy a new CPU, not exchange his current one for the new one as you're saying. You're making it sound like he can just send in his 3350P for the 3470S you linked to, and just pay the $18. That's not the case according to their policy - he would have to buy the 3470S for the full price, and then try to sell the 3350P third-party, where he won't get the full value back.

Back
Top Bottom