I want to erase everything but keep windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadm_88

Beta member
OK, i have windows xp, and there is a bunch of crap on here that i dont want, and i just want to get rid of everything so its like the day i bought it. the thing is i dont have the xp cd or anything, it all came preinstalled and didnt come with one. how do i do this?

you cant. Next time you should demand a recovery cd or windows cd when you buy a computer. You can always go through and delete everything you dont want or borrow a friends xp cd if your product key sticker is on your case, you can reinstall

chadm_88,

If you can't get a XP cd .....try this

1) Goto Add/remove programs remove all the stuff.[except for any drivers or system tools] .Its better to get a 3rd party add/remove program. They have lot of options to work around with

2) Get 'registry cleaner' . Clean all your registry with this one [ follow this sequence]

3) Next is.hmm...get 'dll cleaner' . Clean all the unused dll files used by the system.

4) Repeat steps 2 and 3 for atleast 2 times.

5) Manually delete all the left out folders/files in the program files/other drives....

Ive run otta idea's...maybe someone can post more of em...

This should pretty much clean your system.

ok...so when we had something wrong with it the first time and took it to a place in town, he erased everything, im guessing he had a cd or something to do that with?

what kind of system? the system restore info maybe on its own partition like some cheap companies *ahem, midwest micro* does.

Yeah, try system restore. They may have made a restore point during system configuration at the factory or whatever. Other than that you could call the manufacterer and ask for a cd which they have to give you because you paid for that version of XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom