First SLI Rig

not modded, so yea, it might be.

... and I forgot you have a 2011 chip. For whatever reason, I was thinking this rig was an 1155.
You running Vsync? I literally had no micro-stutter issues and Kepler scales so much better.

Yea if it was 1155 I have 2 stock heatsinks for that. Makes me wish I still had my 2500k. I'm in that mood where I just want barebones everything for minimal BS. As it stands I've barely been on my PC in the past month or so.

Edit: Kman just saw your edit. Was referencing the GPUs. Backplates don't help with card drop as my Galaxy and Asus Matrix both sagged bad. Just wanting to see if you have any card drop or PCB sag on the GPU.

Last edited:
My 780Ti's are stock OC'd to 1020Mhz base clock as opposed to reference 876Mhz.

And no, I didn't put new paste on the heatsink.. as I lost the stuff I had when I moved house in November. I'm looking for a cooler for my CPU that is fairly easy to install, don't really fancy needing to put a backplate on my motherboard like some coolers require as i've read it can be tricky with my mobo. Also want one that is quiet, at least when just browsing the net.

I have another 'issue' with my 780ti's, for some reason they seem to spend most of their time at 25% power usage, which means they are at 51c and 59c respectively instead of 31c and 39c when they are <5% (which isn't often). All I am doing is sat on chrome with Steam on my 2nd screen and MSI open, and it is pretty much always saying 25% power usage per GPU yet the actual GPU usage is as you would expect, 0 to 1%.

Anything you buy is going to require some form of plate on the back. You know my answer, if you want good cooling with only some slight OC room later get an H60.

Thanks, i'll take a look.

Anything you buy is going to require some form of plate on the back. You know my answer, if you want good cooling with only some slight OC room later get an H60.

I've had a few coolers that had no backplate, though they were lower end ones admittedly.

How quiet is the H60 ?

Maybe I just go all out and get a H100i :p

I've had a few coolers that had no backplate, though they were lower end ones admittedly.

How quiet is the H60 ?

PP and I both have the H60, and the H100 (Not i) and I agree, with the fans that I put on them, mine are whisper quite. I also have a fan controller, so I can crank them up if need be. But my h60 is now back in the box...

How quiet is the H60 ?

I got the H100. At full speed (3rd setting) the fans can be easily heard but at 1st speed I find them barely noticeable. I never turn them up to full speed, even at the lowest speed I can game with my 2500k @4.5 and the temps are still fine.

When gaming can't hear the fans through my headset anyway. Not sure about the H60 but it only has 1 fan as opposed to the H100's two so I guess it will be quieter, can always switch out the fans for some quieter ones.

Edit: Like the case :) Is the only difference between that case and my phantom the windows + matte finish?

Last edited:
PP and I both have the H60, and the H100 (Not i) and I agree, with the fans that I put on them, mine are whisper quite. I also have a fan controller, so I can crank them up if need be. But my h60 is now back in the box...
I have the H50 bro, but that Corsair fan from 09 died with only a year of use. I have my Scythe Kaze at half speed and it's inaudible compared to the 80s I have in the back of the case.

Unless he means pump noise. As with any water pump, this is a minor hum. With my PC on I can't hear it unless I put my ear to it. That's how I knew the H100 pump was dead. No vibrations, no hum. I still need to RMA that thing rofl.

Back
Top Bottom