new monitor for new graphics card?

tristanjay

Solid State Member
I've made a post here not long in the past, I got lots of great responses and help and am now on my way to my new high end gaming computer.

My current specs so far:

Gtx 780 sc

I7 920 2.67ghz processor

I've been told that with these specs and only an Acer al2016w that its sort of a waste. I think it's less than 1080p. What do you guys think? Do I need a better monitor? Or should I just stick with what I've got?

Thanks,

Tristan

Being a waste is only relative to the person giving the opinion. A lower resolution with higher end hardware just means higher FPS at the expense of slightly less sharp picture quality. So basically what I'm saying is, are you happy with your screen? If so, then I see no need in replacing it.

Being a waste is only relative to the person giving the opinion. A lower resolution with higher end hardware just means higher FPS at the expense of slightly less sharp picture quality. So basically what I'm saying is, are you happy with your screen? If so, then I see no need in replacing it.
I merely seek the best experience. If I can get a better screen without sacrificing too much performance I will. Do you have any suggestions?

PP Mguire Knows his stuff, He's like our Yodo for helpful tech info here LOL He knows his stuff. I am running a 1050 monitor a few years old but will wait until it starts having issues before I upgrade to a better res monitor, IF you do decide to upgrade I wouldn't do it for resolution alone, If you want a bigger screen then that would justify it to me. When I got a 32" TV for my bedroom I had to wait for the wall mount for about a week to come in so I just put it on my desk and used it as a monitor and HOLY CRAP did I love having the size but it eventually went into the bedroom and I'm back to my 22". To be honest I don't think going from 1050 to 1080 will be that much of a change so if you decide to upgrade I think going for just a tad bit more res won't be worth it but if your going for a larger size then I say go for it.

Dauntae

Back
Top Bottom