New upgrade! Restarts after a few seconds (no beeps)

jinksy1993

Beta member
I have recently upgraded my pc to a GTX 760 , extra 4gb of ram, CPU cooler and a new PSU ( corsair cx600m). My ram came first so went to install it , once that was installed i booted it and the PC restarted after a few seconds. I asked my brother ,who has last on it , if anything happened and he said it blue screened so he left it alone then switched off once it was safe to do so. Fast forward to the next day my PSU and Grapics card comes so i install both yet i still have the same problem ( i thought it was the PSU maybe)

I have the essentials together (mobo,gfx,cpu,psu) and they are receiving power. I power the PSU and hit the power button on my MOBO and it fires up for maybe a second or two. If I leave it alone it keeps repeating this process. Any help is appreciated

My hardware:
2gb GTX 760
Intel Pentium G850, Socket 1155, Dual Core, 2.90GHz
LiteOn IHAS124-04 24x DVD±R
Fractal Design Core 1000
corsair cx600m
MSI H61M-P31 (G3) Motherboard
4GB Corsair Value DDR3 PC3-10600 (1333) x 2
120 gb ssd
500GB Seagate ST500DM002 Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s, 7200rpm
Windows 7 64BIT Professional .

Things i have tried:
make sure the ram is in place properly
made sure there was no lose screws on the motherboard or anywhere else ( i took out everything and checked)
Reattached all the Power cables several times.

The fans and hard drive power on but it does not go to the boot screen or anything
http://
i.imgur.com/ tagpWcw.jpg

*** UPDATE**

I took out the CMOS and out it back (it didnt have a jumper? which was featured in some of the "how to reset a cmos videos)

Anyway it didn't restart after that, so i put in my graphics card and it kept on restarting again. Then i put in my old graphics card incase it was the new graphics card but the same problem occurred , restarting every 3 seconds. I know my older graphics card works fine.

Hmm, the biggest issue is it started/bsod prior to the upgrades.

Have you tried booting very minimal, gpu cpu and 1 ram stick?

You'll need to try 1 stick in each slot separately to test the slots and ram.

Does your board have the integrated video? I'd try just that if it does.

Back
Top Bottom