Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantofish

Beta member
I'm trying to use partition magic7 to partition my hdd that already has XP running on it. afterI apply changes if gives error:-938 too many errors cancelling process. Is it XP or the ver. of P Magic i'm running? help please.

Sounds like the version of PM. If you have 2 or 3 GB left, just use that with minium software installs for Linux.

I used PM 8 on my computers and it worked just fine, might wanna try upgrading.?

Good luck with Linux, btw, What distro are you installing?

Shan, I'm trying to inst. SUSE 8.2 but I have the latest Red Hat as well, what do you prefer & why?

I've bounced back from RedHat and Mandrake distros....I'm running RedHat 9 right now...i really like it, it's very stable and everything worked perfectly on install on both my desktop and laptop. I haven't tried SuSe yet, but maybe one day when i have some time on my hands i'll try SuSe. I don't know.

shan said:
I've bounced back from RedHat and Mandrake distros....I'm running RedHat 9 right now...i really like it, it's very stable and everything worked perfectly on install on both my desktop and laptop. I haven't tried SuSe yet, but maybe one day when i have some time on my hands i'll try SuSe. I don't know.

I prefer Mandrake, seems little faster... thats only reason though, i just hate how the distros don't keep the same directory scheme...

Im a HUGE Gentoo fan. The install is a bit complicated, but the instructions are good, and its screaming faster than all other distros, and cmpletely customized for my system.

Vince,

You got any Gentoo screenshots or anything?? I wanna load another linux version but I don't know....I'm debating what distro i wanna try :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom