Mobile App Change Coming Soon-ish

Janet H

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you may be seeing a slidedown notice for tapatalk (a mobile app). In the next week or so we are going to be changing our app. Please ignore the tapatalk notice for now but in a few days you should see a prompt to install our new app which is based on the tapatalk platform.

We're making this change because we're just not satisfied with the current app; lots of folks have had trouble and we believe this will be an improvement.

It's worked fine for me on both my phone and tablet.

We need to get the 2nd, non-working app off the Play Store for Android though, because it's still higher up on the list than the actual working app. Can we do this somehow?

I downlaoded tapatalk and tried it out... Works FANTASTIC! I'll definitely be on my phone more often :tongue:

I'd also like to see a site redesign... I can help out ;) I have nothing but work, and even that ends here after next week. Working at a school has its perks lol

Last edited:
I have to clear my image cache within the app every time I open it, otherwise avatars won't load at all. Am I the only one with this problem?

I've noticed that as well - I guess I haven't tried clearing my image cache, but I've noticed after a while avatars don't load anymore.

Have you tried rebooting?

Multiple times, it's an ongoing issue. Not really a big deal, just a thing I was wondering about.

I've noticed that as well - I guess I haven't tried clearing my image cache, but I've noticed after a while avatars don't load anymore.

Yeah, the only way to get it working is to clean the cache. Then it'll load avatars for while the app is active, but once it quits, the next time you open it, even the avatars you had cached before don't show up.

Back
Top Bottom