HDMI to VGA?

mikee

Fully Optimized
I got a new laptop over the christmas break and it only has an hdmi port for external display. I have to make a presentation in college using a projector however it only has a vga port. I see cables and adapters that go from HDMI to vga. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried an adapter for vga. Also I am seeing a wide price range in them too. Some are 15$ and I see them go all the way up to 60$.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but it has to do with my laptop but if it needs to be moved please let me know.

Thank you for your assistance

I have to move my pc pretty often and that means unplugging a lot of cables. The VGA was kind of annoying being the only one that wasn't just a plug so I found an adapter for my monitor and it is just hdmi now. Works like a charm. I bought one that was somewhere between $15-$25, can't remember exactly.

I have to move my pc pretty often and that means unplugging a lot of cables. The VGA was kind of annoying being the only one that wasn't just a plug so I found an adapter for my monitor and it is just hdmi now. Works like a charm. I bought one that was somewhere between $15-$25, can't remember exactly.
Either that or a USB/VGA adapter, either one will work (or give you a headache...) Are you sure you don't have a mini display port anywhere like this?
Mini_DisplayPort_on_Apple_MacBook.jpg

Either that or a USB/VGA adapter, either one will work (or give you a headache...) Are you sure you don't have a mini display port anywhere like this?
Mini_DisplayPort_on_Apple_MacBook.jpg

Most projectors won't have a DisplayPort connection - usually only VGA/component or composite, sometimes DVI.

Most projectors won't have a DisplayPort connection - usually only VGA/component or composite, sometimes DVI.
The reason I asked is because mini displayport to VGA adapters are generally cheaper than HDMI to VGA ones (at least in Canada it looks like).
HDMI/VGA = $35-50
mDP/VGA = ~$20-25

When I went to that the site the first time, it didn't show any specs at all. Your link worked though :annoyed:. w/e

Gotta go with what ya got.

Lol you gotta go like 5 links deep to get to the actual specs table - its annoying how they changed their website.

Back
Top Bottom