Help with PC Audio Jacks

either the plug or the jack is bad, try the a new plug first, if that doesn't work, get a sound card and use that

Alright, I cleaned my jack how people suggested over internet and now even though the sound is only on one side, when I firmly press it, it's stably on both sides. (Before, it would buzz out even when firmly pressing it) However, the problem still haven't been solved. The sound card doesn't seem to be a problem. Help? Thanks again guys. :D

The sound card doesn't seem to be a problem. Help? Thanks again guys. :D

:/ have you tried another headset lately to be sure its not the sound card ?
Honestly your problem seems pretty much similiar to mine right about now.
if you loose sound in either ear speaker and buzzes when you move it or twist it wrong, your headset is messed up.

Try getting a new pair or borrow someone elses headset to be sure of it.

:/ have you tried another headset lately to be sure its not the sound card ?
Honestly your problem seems pretty much similiar to mine right about now.
if you loose sound in either ear speaker and buzzes when you move it or twist it wrong, your headset is messed up.

Try getting a new pair or borrow someone elses headset to be sure of it.

Thanks for your immediate reply. I have multiple headsets and speakers at home and tried all of them just them. All of them seem to be having the same problem. I even had look inside the PC since I built them myself to check if I misplugged anything or any pins have been bent, etc. but everything seems to be fine. Please reply ASAP. (I have also reinstalled my audio driver from NVIDIA.)

I even had look inside the PC since I built them myself to check if I misplugged anything or any pins have been bent, etc. but everything seems to be fine. Please reply ASAP. (I have also reinstalled my audio driver from NVIDIA.)

For starters lets grab some hardware info so we can see about getting you some different sound card drivers.

Download this:CPU-Z CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Install it and start up cpu-z, click on the tab that says motherboard.
Copy what it has displayed and post it back here, I'll look abit for some new drivers.
What I'm hoping for is your problem mybe driver related and not hardware.
Otherwise your looking at going for rma help which is the lasr thing we'll try.

For starters lets grab some hardware info so we can see about getting you some different sound card drivers.

Download this:CPU-Z CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Install it and start up cpu-z, click on the tab that says motherboard.
Copy what it has displayed and post it back here, I'll look abit for some new drivers.
What I'm hoping for is your problem mybe driver related and not hardware.
Otherwise your looking at going for rma help which is the lasr thing we'll try.

Thank again. I have downloaded CPU-Z and here's the information you asked for:

imgur: the simple image sharer

Thanks for your immediate reply. I have multiple headsets and speakers at home and tried all of them just them. All of them seem to be having the same problem. I even had look inside the PC since I built them myself to check if I misplugged anything or any pins have been bent, etc. but everything seems to be fine. Please reply ASAP. (I have also reinstalled my audio driver from NVIDIA.)

Are you plugging the headphones/headsets into the front or the back audio jacks of the PC? If you're plugging them into the front, try the back port (and vice versa) and see if you get the same result.

Back
Top Bottom