Old computer upgrade?

I think I'll upgrade the other stock case fans also. I have one or two huge fans that I may replace with two 120's. My other pressing question is would there be any need for worry with conflicts in the MOBO and the evga 780 ti cards? Also would it be advisable to add more thermal paste? It's been close to three years since I added the first bit of paste on that thing.

I think I'll upgrade the other stock case fans also. I have one or two huge fans that I may replace with two 120's. My other pressing question is would there be any need for worry with conflicts in the MOBO and the evga 780 ti cards? Also would it be advisable to add more thermal paste? It's been close to three years since I added the first bit of paste on that thing.
I would advise against Noctua for case fans, but the SGTs I mentioned previously would be fine.

The GPU will be fine.

Yes, you definitely need some new paste. Word of advise, change it at least once a year. Actually in that case, why not go with a Corsair AIO instead? Better cooling, and directed heat outside the case. I highly recommend those over tower heatsinks these days. Like the Corsair H80i.

i don't think you'll have any issues with the card. and yes a re paste would be good 3 years is a quite a while lol.

i second the hydro i used a h60 for a long time and recently upgraded last night. to h100i so far so good.

i second the hydro i used a h60 for a long time and recently upgraded last night. to h100i so far so good.

So if I go with the h100i what risks do I run of leakage? It's a closed looped system right? Does it require upkeep like other forms of liquid cooling? I would still need case fans though right? I think I have a place for a radiator at the top or back of my tower... It seems exciting!! What thermal paste would be recommended with this type of cooling?

is all sealed all corsair hydro are sealed it docent require upkeep other than change the thermal paste once a year like pp mguired suggested.

Amazon.com: Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H80i: Computers & Accessories

you'll do fine with the h80i i just really wanted the h100i it was more like an impulse buy.

i used the stock pasted it came with i don't have any but i hear noctua has its own paste and mx 14 is good also i think that's the right name. is mx-4 lol

Last edited:
The risk of leakage is slim to none. I still use AS5 from the old days simply because paste difference is slim. A degree or two difference. Some people swear by some but I have always used my AS5. As to case fans, see above. You can use Noctua or the SGTs on the AIO rad.

I didn't see a sticky -- but i was wondering what exactly constitutes a good pc gpu. Is there similar build structure to sandybridge etc? If so what are generally considered the faster types of structure? What graphics cards would you as members of the community suggest? I have an 1800 dollar limit and will be buying many of the components already suggested in this forum -- but the graphics card is one of my work horses!!

Thanks so much guys!

Back
Top Bottom