Make My Laptop As I First Bought It

Oaltakrouri

Solid State Member
I Have A Gateway MS2303

Intel i3 Core

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

4GB

I want to restore it to when I very first started it up.
Suggestions?

Right when you first see the gateway logo (as you start it up), press ALT + F10. You may have to try it a couple times to get the timing right, but that should bring you into Gateway/Acer's recovery screen.

This will only work if you've done nothing to the recovery partition on the laptop's hard drive that is.

I Guess I Ran Into A Problem? I Did Have To Replace The Hard Disk at a point of time..

If that is your case then it's very unlikely that you have a recovery partition on that pc any more. One of your options, you can go to the support area of the Gateway web site and see if you can purchase a set of recovery disks, That will put your pc to the day your first started it up. Of course they won't be free and you might have to cough up $20.- $30. For the disks and shipping/handling.

You can also download the Windows 7 .iso from Digital River, burn that to a dvd disk and then format and re-install windows. You will need to manually download and install all the necessary drivers from Gateway and any software will need to be manually installed too
(formatting your pc will remove all the existing data on the hard drive....use a low level format utility for better security)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom