new build (office PC)

Balera

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, I'm building a pc for a family member for his office. I'm just wanting to ask if everything seems OK and if it all is compatible with one an other. (if you could double check the mobo vs RAM please as I'm not entirely sure about that)

Thank you!

Zalman Z3
Intel® Core™ i5-3470 FC-LGA4, Ivy Bridge
MSI Z77A-G43 RAID, Gb-LAN, Sound, ATX
Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit CML8GX3M2A1600C9, Vengeance LP, XMP
ASUS DRW-24F1ST
Western Digital Black, 500 GB SATA 600, WD5003AZEX
ASUS GT640-2GD3 VGA, 2x DVI, HDMI
Corsair RM550 2x PCIe, Full Kabel-Management

Edited the PSU and removed the cooler (I forgot there was a cooler that came with the cpu so thanks for that)
are you sure about the mobo + RAM compatibility?

Thank you

Last edited:
U dont need that cpu cooler, the 1 that comes with will be fine since its gonna be for office use. Otherwise everything seems good. Just maybe upgrade ur psu to 550 watts.

edited the first post

Looks good, I went thru the list again and I see u have 1155 motherboard and cpu... i would suggest 1150 since its better and go with haswell since its the newest gen cpu. But either way it will work.

Last edited:
That's way overkill for any office work. WAY overkill. We talkin Quicken, Word, ect? If so, ASRock B85 board and an i3 4130 will last for years.

You also don't need a GPU, and you can drop the PSU down to a Seasonic 380w which will also last for years in a non gaming/workstation build.

My next recommendation would be to get an SSD instead. Much quicker than a HDD.

Back
Top Bottom