NF7 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ak_smallz

In Runtime
I just got my new NF7-S mb installed and my 2600xp-m. I have 2 fans to use, a thermaltake volcano 11+ xaser edition, and a speeze falcon rock. I also have installed corsair value ram 512 in slot 3 (recommended by manual to go from 3-1). It booted up right away at a stock speed of about 700megahertz. I flashed the bios and tried uping the clock speed to the normal clock speed of a 2600xp of 2gigs. Shouldnt be a problem right?
WRONG... BEEEP BEEP... BEEP BEEEP... thats what i heard as it booted. So i changed it back to 1 gig, and it booted w/ no problems (200 x 5). i checked the temp w/ the thermaltake and it was like 40 C at 1 gig! i dont understand why i cant even get the clock up to stock speed, but i am suspecting a heating problem. But this xaser cooled by 2400xp (not mobile!) at 2 gigs no problem at 43C, so i am stuck. Any suggestions??? Thanks.

ok, i just got the bois to open at 2gigs and i sat and watched the temp for a minute (in the bios). It started at 40, and move up about 1 every 3 second to 48 C, and then the comp shutdown and beeped over and over. I dont think 48 degrees is something that would shutdown a comp ( but isnt that a lil high for a stick CPU speed anywayz). Any help is appreciated

Whoa, did you make sure your heatsink got seated correctly? There's no way a mobile should be anywhere up that high at even 2GHz because you should be able to get 2GHz on 1.6Vcore or so....how hot is your room? My room stays at about 70F and my processor at 2.5 stays in the 30's but I have a ton of fans so it stays at 18-20C in side the case. Either way though it seems like it's getting way too hot. You should reset your CMOS and first thing you do when you go into the BIOS is set the shutdown and warning temperature to like 55 or 60 so you can stay in the BIOS.

But you need to find out why it's getting so hot, because when mine was running at 800GHz when I first installed mine it was like 20C. Perhaps it could just use a new reseating. How thick of layer did you put on the heatsink?

ill try reseating it, but real quick, which fan should i use , the thermaltake in low or the Speeze. Rooms not hot. And also, how much should i add of AS5, i do just a little (rice grain).

ok i used the thermaltake and reseated... no dice, still 40c at 1gig. Then i used the speeze and about the same 39-42. I dont know what to do... Why cant i get this temp down..im in alaska, and the rooms pretty cold right now w/ the window open... and i have the case open

i finally got the comp to be stable at 2 gigs. I think the v-core was set too high, and i lowered it to 1.6 like you said and it is at 48C as i speak. Im going to try the speed fan out to see if i can get any improvement, and then start working on overclocking :)

GOD I LOVE THIS SPEEZE FAN :)
I got my XP2600M at 2.4 gigs and 40C idle.... gonna keep bumpin up :)

that sounds about right, i just lowered my overclock today due to temps and overheating. now got 2.53ghz @ 1.74v ~35C idle. Rooms 75F, so not too bad. 240*11 just wasn't working out...it was getting up to 55C on load.

40C is pretty good for 2.4ghz, what voltage are you running? You might be able to lower it a bit.

actually i was a lil off, after i let is run a bit, it worked its way up to about 47C idle. Im at 1.8v, and i cant get it any lower for some reason, because if i got to 1.75, it reboots about 5 seconds into windows. I am hoping for some case fans for x-mas to increase airflow, because all i got now is my CPU fan and case fan. Also i hope to get a new power supply, so those fans may also be improved.

well it's weird that the Vcore would be set up high especially if you cleared the CMOS, unless you didn't and had it up that high from previous settings. I also lowered my OC 4W because I was running like 47C full load and 37C idle with 2.6 at 1.975 Vcore so I lowered to 186x13.5 for 2.511GHz at 1.875, wish I could run 1.5 at 1.74 psht lucky punk :p Perhaps when and if I get better RAM it'll allow me to OC better. Could be the board might like a higher FSB with lower multiplier or do you think that would change the Vcore at all since technically it's running the same speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom