New gpu problem

All looks good, sorry I disappeared, I'm actually at work answering on my phone lol but all is good, you did fine with what you disabled, from that list all should boot up fine, You downloaded the video driver so you won't need the disk drive, If you haven't already done it try a reboot and see if the video card works

Well I disabled the IGP in the device manager but when I restart the pc it only outputs to the monitor if I plug into the motherboard. Nothing shows up if I plug my monitor into the gpu. The pc boots up normally and the same error is still there in the device manager faor the 660. Should I disable IGP through the bios?

While you have the igp in use and 660 installed disable it again in control panel and then shut down when rebooting go to bios and search for the PCI express in the bios and make sure it's enabled, been a while since I dealt with this kind of issue so trying to remember every thing. Also if there is the option to disable the igp in the bios do it there also

The pc did the same beeping on startup but it booted eventually! I am not sure what happened because I had the monitor plugged into the motherboard but the pc is working. Now I just have to reenable devices. EDIT: Restarted the pc without making any changes and it wont start anymore, not sure what happened the first time :/ SECOND EDIT: If I boot up the pc with no monitor plugged in, It will boot up but takes a few minutes ( I know when it has booted because I can hear the fans slow down). Booting with the monitor plugged doesnt work, I waited for like 10 mins. I dont understand this...

Last edited:
Did it not boot up with the monitor plugged into the video card? Well the fact that the issue was there with everything disabled tells us that they are not causing the conflict so enabling them won't change the issue, What operating system are you using

Yes it will not boot with the monitor plugged into the 660. I have re-enable all davices and it still booted with no monitor plugged in. Still boots if I plug the monitor in a little bit after starting it. Operating system is Windows 7Home Premium SP1 64-bit. Remember this is a prebuild HP machine. EDIT: I have also tried playing a game, and it runs great, very smooth.

Last edited:
HP drives me crazy with the way they set things up sometimes lol It's more than likely the inboard video card causing the conflict, When I get home from work tonight I do some searching and see if I can find what others have done, You most likely are not the only one with that PC having this issue.

Back
Top Bottom