Ati 9600 Xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

meepins

In Runtime
Under 3D options in advanced tab, should it be Direct 3D or OpenGL?
Also, should I change the refresh hertz to 85hz? Mines at 60hertz right now.
And is there any adjustment that I can make to make the videocard perform at it's best?

Thnx alot!

application preferred, as not every game is on DX and not every one on OpenGL, but different, so better is to go with appplication preference.

D3D is Microsoft's technology, OpenGL is silicons tech's technology.

and gamers chooose either of these.

Well, would there be any issues that will mess up the computer if I change Direct3D to OpenGL and 60hrtz or 85hrtz?

Heres the spec:

AMD 3000+
512mb DDR RAM
ATI 9600 XT 256mb
160GB

this HZ thing is monitor dependent, are you on TFT?

if u r, then changing it to even 120Hz wont bring difference, as TFT's run on 60Hz. but if u r on CRT, then go for highest Hz setting it is showing, as it will hide those which ur moniti cannot display. and higher the refresh rate setting in CRT, it will prevent flickering (higher means what ur monitor can handle at most)

else, changing to D3D or openGL wont do any bad to your pc, it will run fine. as you'll have problem in games, as if u r forcing OpenGL an the game is on D3D. so better is application preference.

as OpenGL is mainly used for 3D designing, therefore you'll see workstation cards like rage, quatro have more OpenGL capability than these radeon etc.

Hmm, my fps seem to jump from 30-100 constantly in CS 1.6 when i'm supposed to get 100 constant. What do you think is wrong wit that?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom