HP ProBook 455 vs ProBook 450

bradleyheathhays

Solid State Member
After exhaustive research (and I'd really rather not do any more) I've narrowed it down to two laptops, which are almost identical in every way besides the processor and cache size.

$513 @ Best Buy
HP ProBook 450 G1 with a Intel 4th Gen Core i3 clocking 2.4 GHz with 3MB cache

$479 @ Office Depot
HP ProBook 455 G1 with an AMD Elite A4 - 5150 APU clocking 2.7 GHZ with 1MB cache

At first I was settled on the less expensive 455 but then I noticed the 1MB cache when all other laptops in this price range seem to sport a 2, 3, or 4MB cache.

I really don't run any kind of demanding software at all. Just need this laptop to be for general use.

What kind of difference in performance should I expect between these two laptops? With everything else being the same between these two, is the ProBook 450 for an extra $34 bucks worth the difference in processor and cache size?

Well now here's one I didn't see before.

It's an HP, same as these other two, but called the 455 G1 (F2R65UT#ABA) (ProBook?). It's got an AMD A6 processor, 8 gig mem (vs 4 on the other two), and a 750 HDD (vs 500 on the other ones). Not sure it's cache size though. And it's priced at $479? It's around 7.5 lbs vs. the other two weighing in around 5.5 lbs I think.

Been advised now that the A4 processor on one of the other two I mentioned wasn't worth having. I'm hoping the A6 processor on this new one might be a decent step up?

So what am I missing here? Why does this third HP seem so far ahead of the other two and cost less?

Back
Top Bottom