sndvol32.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexterium

Baseband Member
Hey I am using Windows XP and my volume control is no longer showing in the 'notification area' ( bottom right corner where the date and clock is and stuff) and anyway, I went to control panel to the sounds and when I go to sounds and audio devices and try to check the 'place volume icon in taskbar' an error message appears reading: Windows cannot display the volume control icon on the taskbar because it has not been installed. Go to add/remove programs to install it. (That isn't exactly what it says, but anyways) So I go and frig around with it and anyway, it appears that I don't have sndvol32.exe. Can anyone tell me how to reinstall sndvol32.exe? Is it on one of my CDs that came with the computer? Thanks for the help.

so I'm going to venture a guess and say you are using a Dell machine? maybe?
You will need to download and reinstall the drivers and application for your sound card. Had this problem on a XP SP2 Dell 8400 over the weekend. that fixed it.

good luck

Yes, I am using a Dell. Where must I go to download these drivers and applications for my sound card? Heck, I don't even know what soundcard I use! :( lol. Give this noob details please :D

Man this is brutal, i have been on the support for like an hour or so and nothing useful lol

I tried downloading the drivers from driversguide and anyway, that doesn't work. Here is the error that displays when I am in I386 and I click on the sndvol32.exe:

75386548.jpg

have you uninstalled the sound device from device manager, and then reinstalled it with the install from Dell?

it's really pretty simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom