Airflow. Which fans?

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
I decided (Well... needing more money decided) to sell my Fractal Design Define R4, and buy a Cougar Archon. That being said, I'd like to find orange fans. Just to keep with the scheme, as long as they are good quality, and give great performance. I've been looking at the Courgar 120MM Vortex Hydro or BitFenix Spectre 120mm. They will be controlled by a separate controller, and not at full speed all the time. Which fans should I be looking at, and not looking at?

Specs always lie, but the Cougar fans have a higher CFM for the RPMs. Personally, both fans sound terrible to me, but I only go for performance fans that aren't really meant for themes.

Specs always lie, but the Cougar fans have a higher CFM for the RPMs. Personally, both fans sound terrible to me, but I only go for performance fans that aren't really meant for themes.

Going off of reviews, not 'Egg reviews, the Cougar fans do nicely.

Definitely don't want to go Noctua, as I'm not spending that much money to cool the inside of a compact mid tower. Maybe if money proves well enough to go to a full tower, or something that's not as cheap as a single Noctua fan...

Scythe has the Gentle Typhoon that I can buy, and just add my own LED lighting to.

Wasn't exactly talking about Noctua fans because they really aren't meant to be case fans. I was thinking more along the lines of you wanted some form of Orange fan so I didn't mention the GTs either because they are black and gray.

Wasn't exactly talking about Noctua fans because they really aren't meant to be case fans. I was thinking more along the lines of you wanted some form of Orange fan so I didn't mention the GTs either because they are black and gray.

I said I wouldn't be putting aesthetics over performance. Not in those exact words, but it's at least what I meant. I can get LED's and wire them up to get close to the look I want.

Snagged an amazing deal on 4 GT's for $15 and a 4GB RAM kit. I love Craigslist! Was originally wanting $60, but talked him down. RAM was free to me. Now for a fan controller...

Back
Top Bottom