Need some laptop ideas?

Namem

Beta member
I had a Toshiba L675d laptop that recently died. The graphics part of the motherboard died and apparently it is too expensive to fix. $350 or so. So my question is this. I am looking for a laptop in the $350-450 range that has better specs than the old toshiba. I was able to play Morrowind and a few other old games on the toshiba and would like to continue to do so. Is there much difference on a laptop between the graphics from that computer and integrated graphics cards on the intel laptops that seem to be in that price range?

My requirements right now are:

1. 17.3 inch screen. I would like to keep that size if possible, might be willing to change.
2. NOT be a Toshiba. I'm done with them.
3. $350-450 price range.

Hopefully someone with more computer smarts than me will be able to come up with some kind of list. Thanks for help!

So are you saying that a laptop in the $350-400 range would not be better than the Toshiba that I have now? If that is the case I might end up just fixing the Toshiba. More money on a laptop really isn't an option right now.

If you're open to used laptops, I'd take a look at refurbished laptops on Newegg, Amazon, Lenovo's marketplace, as well as Craigslist and eBay.

I've gotten both of my gaming laptops (Asus G73jh and MSI GT780DX) (worth $1200+ new) for <$800. Both work just fine.

Back
Top Bottom