RAM issue

Kenny_G

Beta member
Hello,

Recently I've been having issues with the RAM memory of my computer. I have 4 GB of RAM, but sometimes when I start my computer and look in the task manager, it says I only have 2.9 GB of RAM. Restarting multiple times can solve this problem, however this doesn't seem to work anymore either. It's really troublesome because whenever I use google chrome or start up any game, my RAM usage jumps up to 90-100% and everything starts lagging (even though only 1 GB of memory is in use!). Does anyone know what might cause this and how to solve this?

a friend of mine was having similar issues and turns out the ram was bad.
you have more ram to try and see or try that ram on a different pc and see also try trick one stick at the time it could only be one bad stick assuming you have 2 sticks of 2gb. there are
tools to test your ram but i dont what would be the best suited i never used any or had to.

I haven't changed anything about the RAM memory and I didn't have this problem before, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm a huge computer noob so I don't really know what information is necessary to know what the problem is..

1 bad stick of ram can create absolute chaos in a pc.
here is a video to show how u install and remove ram.

Install and Remove RAM - YouTube

easiest way is to remove the ram and try 1 stick at the time assuming u have 2 sticks of 2gb.
put one stick in boot pc and run goole watch a video what ever u did wen u have the issues u might not be able to run any big games on 2gb tho. if that stick gives you issues or lags u know that stick could be bad. run with the other stick and see if everything goes smooth if it does then u know that one of ur sticks of ram needs replacing. if you afraid to do mess something up do u have a friend u can call that might be able to better show to to do this?

If you want to test the RAM, run Memtest86+: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Burn the ISO to a disc using the built-in Windows ISO burning software, or a third-party software like IMGBurn. Boot off of the CD, and let it run for a minimum of 4 hours (overnight is best).

If there are ANY errors AT ALL, then RAM is bad. You can either test all sticks at once, or one stick at a time. If you test all of them at once, then you'll have to remove one at a time and test individually until you find the one that caused the errors.

Back
Top Bottom