New gpu problem

I used 2 of the peripheral connections from my psu and ut them into the adapter and plugged the other end into the gpu. I assume thats correct?
Edit: I also think there may be an update for my BIOS, should I try that?

Last edited:
I have not been into my BIOS, I will update it and have a look when I can. Going away for another 5 or so days soon, not sure if I can try that right now

Silly question, is there a on board video card built into it, if so the bios might be switching to it because it doesn't recognize the new one as a video card yet, if so try booting it up plugged into the on board WITH the new card installed and install the new card drivers, You also may have to disable the on board card in the control panel the shut down and plug the moniter into the new card and boot it up and see if that works.

Dauntae

Last edited:
Alright, finally back for good. So I have tried going into the bios but I am not sure where to look. I went into system setup and the only thing I could find was integrated video, which is disabled. i am going to try the new gpu in the udated bios right now. Also I dont really understand what you are saying Dauntae, could you elaborate?

He's basically saying have the monitor plugged into the IGP with the card installed and IGP enabled. Boot into Windows to install drivers for the new card and if it works just disable IGP from the device manager.

Ok thanks, I will try that. Bios update didn't fix it. I have also figured out that if I hold escape while starting the pc, it can get to the startup menu screen. However I still cant get any further with it in.

Should I install the drivers from online or the cd? EDIT: Decided to just download from the site.

Last edited:
Yes downloading will get you the most current drivers, The included cd is usually a older driver.

Back
Top Bottom