New gpu problem

Blabagas

Baseband Member
Hello, I have recently purchased a new gpu (gigabyte660) and have been getting issues installing it. My pc is an hp pavilion p6-2175a with a new corsair cx600m. When I install the gpu with the power connected to it and turn on my pc, the power light goes orange and there are several beeps. This only happens on the first startup. After a short time the power button goes blue and the computer makes it to the hp startup screen where it freezes. Pressing esc on the keyboard does nothing, and the pc beeps occasionly. After about half a minute it switches to a black screen with a blinking underscore in the top left. If i restart my pc the power button does not go orange again but everything else is the same.
What could the issue be?
Sorry if I dont respond for a while, I am going on holiday today.
Thanks

Well if you're plugged into the new GPU and it's coming up then at least that's a start.

Something is causing it to freeze. Try reseating the card and make sure the board is clear of dust.

Alright back for a day, I have already reseated the card a few times. By board do you mean the motherboard or the gpu?

Well I already sent this gpu back to be replaced and it came back with the exact same issue, so it shouldnt be faulty. I will try clearly and dust I can find

Hm ok, if that' the case then it's surely something else (captain obvious I know).

Have you tried using molex to PCI-E adapters that came with your card just to see if it'll work that way?

Cleaned the board and reseated the card, same issue. I have tried that adapter yes, Though I'm not sure I did it correctly. What exactly am I meant to connect each connection to?

Back
Top Bottom