Windows install problem...out of ideas.

Re: Windows instal problem...out of ideas.

I ran memtest last week on both sticks individually for a few hours, no errors and then both together overnight...no errors. I even swapped in a different memory stick from another computer with the same problems.

I dont even get to the nvidia driver install, most errors occuring during or just after the OS install and those that get by that stage act up at the mobo drivers. Not a single install has made it to updating the video drivers. Also, I tried a couple of installs with a 9800gt, same problems.

Ok then, this is the last attempt I may have for you.
Uninstall the graphics card from your machine, use one memory stick.
Follow up with what mak said and attempt gparted and install windows with the iso we provided.
If can you burn that iso to a blank dvd-r disc, I rather you try that method.

I'm betting the installation will go much better without gfx card in the way.
If you get that far, go ahead and install your drivers for your hardware and software/
Put the graphics card back in with the updated drivers from nvidia.
If something bsod between installation of 7 to updating your os after installation.
Copy the log error from windows error report and bring it back.

I returned the gigabyte mobo while i could still get a full refund so I only have the asus left...it has no onboard video.

Ok, haven't had time to do anything else but noticed something today...there is a bent pin on the mobo for the cpu. Could all this be from a bent mobo cpu pin? I'm going to get the tweezers and mini screwdriver out tomorrow to straighten it but just wondering what you guys think?

I returned the gigabyte mobo while i could still get a full refund so I only have the asus left...it has no onboard video.

Ok, haven't had time to do anything else but noticed something today...there is a bent pin on the mobo for the cpu. Could all this be from a bent mobo cpu pin? I'm going to get the tweezers and mini screwdriver out tomorrow to straighten it but just wondering what you guys think?

Theres 50% chance it maybe the key issue here, if the cpu can't give proper orders to the main board.
I can see where some of the contents from usb/cd/portable drives is not being all gathered and setup properly.
Before you do anything, tonight or tomorrow, you might want to ring up intel for rma help.
Warranty Programs — Warranty Services FAQ
Call the mobo manufacturer as well and see if they might help you or not.
Just explain what happen all the way up to this point.
If that board has a bent pin, don't fix it yourself please, I think your cpu may damaged as well.

Use a mechanical pencil's metal tip to insert it onto the pin, and straighten it out. Works easily to fix bent pins instead of tweezers/screwdriver ;). I've done it before - works well.

Ok, so there is no warranty left on the mobo, used a pin to correct the bent pins, can't even tell they were bent.

Anyways, put in the gparted DVD and on boot up I get:

AQUASHFS error: Unable to read page, block…

These just run on for pages and pages. Thought it might be a bad burn but it's working fine on another system.

Ran it again, this time got:

File system check failed. A log is being saved in /var/log/fsck/checkfs
[Failt location is writable. Please repair the file system manually...failed!
[....] A maintenance shell will now be started. CONTROL-D will terminate this sh
[warnnd resume system boot.... (warning).
sulogin: root account is locked, starting shell
root@debian:`#

Ran it again, this time got:

File system check failed. A log is being saved in /var/log/fsck/checkfs
[Failt location is writable. Please repair the file system manually...failed!
[....] A maintenance shell will now be started. CONTROL-D will terminate this sh
[warnnd resume system boot.... (warning).
sulogin: root account is locked, starting shell
root@debian:`#

Well I read your last replies, we've tried everything under the sun, besides hit the machine with a baseball bat.
I Know you want this to work "badly", but maybe this situation can't be fixed.
I advise you to give up on the thing, and move on.
its not worth it to waste money or time into a machine that wont work.

try switch between AHCI and IDE in the bios then try install. so change it to IDE and then try install if that fails change it to AHCI pretty sure the ide setting will work though :)

Back
Top Bottom