Computer Plan

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to change a lot. First of all you don't need 2 770s for a 1080p gaming experience. You're much better off getting a single 780 or 780ti for the money. Much better.

Next up as was suggested, go Haswell, and get the mobo CPU combo Bigdog suggested. You don't need an expensive board either.

Drop the speed of the RAM to 1600. You're pointlessly wasting money on anything faster.

Next up, the sound card is pointless. The audio system you're purchasing will sound exactly the same on the onboard audio of the ASRock board linked previously as will the mic.

The anti static wristband can go too.

Do you have a wireless AC router? Do you have one of the newest ones recently released capable of the speeds? If not, then the Asus AC card is also pointless.

And finally the cooler. No. Overclocking is not a requirement on any 2nd to 4th gen Intel i5 or i7 for gaming or even editing. So with that being said you don't need it. If you still insist on one, get a Corsair AIO. Tower heatsinks are of yesteryear for several reasons.

Last edited:
That wish list isn't working.

Forgot to mention one thing about the RAM, go with a 2x8GB kit instead of 4 sticks. You have room to expand that way if you so desire.

Actually, if you want to do pcpartpicker.com that would be easier to share with us. Newegg wishlist system can be touchy.

You're paying 100+ dollar markup on that 290x, might as well grab a 780ti for more performance and less heat like we suggested. Same goes for the motherboard, there is no reason you should be paying more than 175 dollars on a Z87 board. They all overclock the same on air/water and all generally have the same feature set which is why I prefer ASRock. Quality boards for less money than price gouging Asus.

Back
Top Bottom