windows xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny71

Beta member
I have windows 98 and I want to install windows xp I have enough ram but it says I need a min of 300MHz I only have 100MHz....how do I get to 300MHz?

The system memory described will be a little shy to run xp. It looks like your memory can be upgraded to provide enough to run xp but usually with older pc's other factors get in the way. Perhaps someone will go over your specs and comment further.

ditto. looks fine, cept memory may factor in unless you added more than just stock. for your future reference you do NOT have a 100MHz machine, thats the bus speed. You have a 500MHz. Also, keep in mind you have a shared architecture for the memory. Meaning if you have only 64MB of memory and a 8MB vid card, 8MB of that memory is devoted to the vid card. So, it would be like running 56MB of memory and a 8MB vid card = total of 64MB.

minimum of 128, preferably at least 256, 512 would be ideal and not sure if the mbd has an oppen AGP, if not you would need PCI card. either an accelerator or standard PCI card (accelerator maybe hard to find).

u mean RAM? although windows XP will run smoothly on this machine.

your RAM is 100MB just because u miht be sharing it with your video card.

get more memory, at least 128 stick more.

depending that ram's are compatible, as windows will show hell of errors if ur rams; are incompatible.

best is to get 1 stick of higher memory stick rather than mixing duck and hen eggs and hoping for ostrich egg.

yeah, meant RAM. he has a shared architecture, that part MBD is set at 8MB dedicated to vid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom