ATI x850

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea they really need ps3, its killin them, i dont know how much it affects the cards, but it hurts them on specs on paper.

beedubaya said:
ATI needs to get on the ball before they've destroyed their name!

And thats why ATi has the most market share in the industry:p Just because the X800 Pro was bad, doesn't mean the rest of the crop is trash, though the 6600 GT proved to be a potent mainstream card;)

Hopefully the introduction of this the new generation will cut the price on teh X800 XT's abit:D

PS3.0 will be included in teh Next Gen cards of 2005 I believe, but right now it is not neccsary:rolleyes: I like the look of the new heatsink/fan on the 850XT PE, though Anandtech says it sounds rauceous on start-up:p Its also a shame its dual slot:(

i personally think the x850 is junk. it's like the pre-overclocked version of x800. Seriously, did you see the benchmarks?? it was losing on some to the x800s. Even on the benchmarks that they were winning on, it wasn't bigger then like .5%.

I think Ati is going down the drain. They have to come up with something. They're doing the same dual videocard thingy as Nvidia but that won't be enough i think. People'll still buy NVIDIA'S SL not ATI'S dual because it sucks ass, only except for half -life 2 :) :p

The problem is that ATIs R420 based cores are just updated versions of the R350/360 core. So there is no new technology. I would say ATI is doing pretty well to even compete with Nvidia using old technology like they are, but I agree, they need to do something. ATI with their outdated technology just doesn't stand a chance against the NV40 based cores from Nvidia. Hopefully the R520 core will bring life back to ATI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom