New components

4570 has a slightly higher clock speed, that's it.

is it worth going for 4570 than 4430 or its just gonna be a waste of ££? Also is it true that only K series CPUs are enable for OC?

I wanna finalise my new mobo and cpu ready to order probably by tomorrow.

Btw softwares I used are
- Photoshop
- Lightroom
- Text editors (Dreamweaver, Sublime text) but I don't they need that much power.
- Games (Dota 2, CounterStrike and other MMORPG)
- Microsoft office

The 4430 is sufficient for what you want to do, it's up to you whether you want to pay the extra cash or not. Only K series processors can overclock with the proper Z series board, in this case the Z87 and 4670k or 4770k.

Okay I'm down to these two boards which isn't Z87 since you other mentioned that it's useless to get a z87 if I don't plan to OC.

Any thoughts about these boards?
Mobo 1: MSI H87-G43 Intel H87 Socket 1150 Motherboard - Scan.co.uk

Mobo 2: Gigabyte GA-H87-HD3 Intel H87 Socket 1150 Motherboard - Scan.co.uk

Though just curious, this board says multi-gpu support but only XFire is it really just solely for xFire?

Plan to upgrade my GPU soon once I have the money but I wanna try nVidia this time, kept seeing some youtube builds and forums suggestions that gtx 770 is a good gpu.

CPU: 4430 Core i5

Both boards have a second slot that is full length but only 4x electronically. SLI will not work in that mode unless using a hack which is 50/50.

The H87 boards are rather useless compared to the B85s. Just get the ASRock I linked.

Because you're paying more for the same feature set?

4 DIMM slots, 6 SATA, 2 PCI-E, variant of PCI.
At least the second slot on the ASRock is PCI-E 2.0 16x, rather than 4x on the other boards.
H77 was also pointless compared to B75 Pro boards.

Ohh right that make sense, but I'm looking for an ATX rather than mATX as I have a full tower case, I know there's nothing wrong with mATX just thought ATX would make more sense on a full tower plus extra pci-e slots.

Can you help me? planning to buy it from Computer Hardware - Scan.co.uk as they're cheaper compare to overclockers.

Ah nvm about multi-gpu it will just cost more however I want to set up a multi-screen but for productivity not gaming. I plan to buy a dedicated sound card not a very expensive one but a decent one. Unless the onboard audio is decent enough.

So that'd take another PCI-E 1 i think?

Xeno killer pro takes 1 PCI-Ex1
5870 takes at least two slots.

Back
Top Bottom