Couple questions...

Do you get a fault code when you attempt to boot it up?
Yes....you can use that power switch instead of jumping out the front header pins. Removing it from the case will determine if there's a ground somewhere from the case itself or from the I/O plate

Sometimes I get a fault code, but most of the time, it's blank.

One time, it spat out error code 10 (Memory related. Checked everything, rebooted, error went away.)

Another time, it spat out error 96 (PCIe related. Checked this one also, rebooted, error went away.)
Both times, still no post.

We're going to microcenter after supper to exchange the motherboard. HOPEFULLY, this will be it.

try this put a single stick of memory on slot 1 turn it on if nothing remove stick put it on slot 2 and try. i had this issue with my rampage 3 the sticks go every other like 1 stick on slot 2 and 1 in slot 4 if i had 2 sticks of memory. don't know how many memory slots u have my board has 6 slots.

Well, we took the motherboard back and exchanged it for another one.
We looked at the internal area of the case and found a mounting port on the case that didn't have a corresponding mounting hole on the mobo, which could have been causing a short...

This might have been another issue, no?

were the screws go no it shouldn't matter i had a board in my testing case being help only by 4 screws lol dint give any issues

There was a spot on the case where a screw could go, but there wasn't a spot on the mobo for one to be put there. It made contacts with the leads under the board.

u should try what i mention about trying the 1 stick of memory at the time in each slot and see, im working om my brother inlaws pc the the mobo i put in it only booted wen i put a stick on the 3 slot thats kind odd it worked on the first and second b4.

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped me get my PC up and running.

I finally got it!
The issue wasn't the PSU, or the RAM, nor was it the Motherboard. The real issue lied in the case itself.

Two standoffs in the motherboard mounting tray (that were pre-installed for smaller form factors, presumably) were making contact with pins on the underside of the motherboard, causing a short. We replaced the motherboard before we found the standoffs, so now I'm using a shiny new Asus A88X-Pro, as Micro-center was out of stock of any other AsRocks.

Anyway, thank you all again for your time and patience with me and helping get my PC running.

Back
Top Bottom