will a magnet screwdriver mess anything up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could ruin your drives, especially your hard drives, if put too close to it. But then again, it would probably have to be in contact with the drive in order for it to cause disk or data damage.

-Dan The Man

would have to be close to the platters, yeah. but the casing is enough to really protect it from a weak magnetic field generated by the screw driver. However, I still wouldn't suggest it. This is just according to specs on most modern HDD, and I dont know how many times where manufacturer promises were pretty much a turd in the dark.

what if i put the tip to the motherboard then hit the back of it with a hammer? :)

I did it, and i used a 5 pound sledge hammer, boosted it up to 6.87 Ghz and added 4 GB of Ram, i suggest everyone do the same :)

yeah, the casing shields it somewhat. dont what a large magnet near there, like a powered magnet and what not.

cloud said:
I did it, and i used a 5 pound sledge hammer, boosted it up to 6.87 Ghz and added 4 GB of Ram, i suggest everyone do the same :)
Whats happening to my computer???!!! It wont even start up!!!

You probably didnt wear an anti-static wrist band, this is a key factor, you generate a lot of electricity while swinging the hammer.

ah yes, i forgot to discharge the static electricity from the head beforehand... now i cant sue you for damages :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom