Game restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

kameo

Beta member
Hello,

my pc has been resseting itself when playing games i can play for a while maybe 30 minutes and then my pc will reset and keep reseting and wont even boot, i have to turn it off and back on with the switch on the back to get it too start again also the case feels hot.

it started doing this a couple of weeks ago while playing doom 3 and then again when playing half life and world of warcraft i thought maybe it was the graphics card as i was using a Gforce 3 so brought my self a new 6800 GT and it works good but still getting the error of restarting in counter strike source and other games i have played.

I cleaned out the dust from the fans thinking maybe it was that but its still doing it

MY PC Specs are

P4 2.4 GHZ CPU
1024 MB RAM in 2 256 MB and one 512mb
started while using Geforce 3 Ti 200 128mb and stil does on my 6600GT 256 MB
350w Power Supply

Ive also recently updated to Service pack 2 on windows xp

If anyone has and ideas on what to do please help me out and thanks alot

It may be due to the lack of cooling. Do you have thermal paste on your heatsink (preferably non-stock)? Also, do you have a stock heatsink? Not to mention the fact that I think your PSU isn't generating enough wattage for your system. I could be wrong though.

-Dan The Man

I know with my system I had a 400w psu, and when i was playing a game with a powerful graphics engine like the new bf1942dc engine. After the new update for desert combat, which had a lot better graphics my computer would lock up. But it runs fine with the old graphics from cs. So i needed a new psu. Maybe this is the same problem for you. Try unpluging everything that is unnecessary and then run your game.

If it is a cooling problem, try taking off your side pannel and see if that helps. Also what are your temps?

ive tried with the site off still no help would it be the psu though it worked fine for months with my gefore unless i wasnt running high end graphic games like doom 3 i might try a new psu though it gets very hot

it's definitely the psu if it still restarts after changing your graphic card.
My mom's computer started restarting for no reason and it wouldn't even load windows so i got her a new psu and worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom