Couple questions...

Update:

Upgraded the PSU to the EVGA 500W bronze.
Result: Nothing different.

Tested on a separate monitor, after installing new PSU.
Result: Nothing different.

So, apparently, the issue isn't the power supply, nor is it the display device.
What else can you guys suggest?

I used the HDMI and VGA that's installed on the motherboard as well as those on the graphics card. At this point, I'm pretty sure that whether or not the GPU is bad is irrelevant.

The last test I did was with the CPU and cooling fan, the 6Gb of RAM, HDD, and CD drive.

I had the computer connected to a monitor from downstairs that my mom had just finished using, and that too gave 'no signal'.

What's the likelyhood of my motherboard being the piece at fault?

Last edited:
if onboard graphics as well PCIe is showing nothing, then it's logical...

But then so was the inadequate PSU (or so we thought)

I assume you bought the mobo new. Any change you can return it and swap it out for another one?

It's new, yes and can be returned, although the store is a bit of a drive from where I'm at.

Aside from that, is there any little thing that I may have overlooked?

Try removing the board from the case, Set the board on a non-conductive surface and leave one stick of memory, fan/heatsink and cpu. Connect the power supply to the 20/24 and the 8 pin cpu connectors, and connect the on board video to your monitor. Temporarily jump out the power on terminal on the front header of the board and see if it will POST

Would that be any different than leaving it in the case with only one stick of ram?

And exactly what would I do to 'jump out' power onto the front header?

You should pull the board out of the case, to see if something from the case is causing the board not to work....you'll need to do that anyway if your going to take it in for testing or to rma.

The power switch on the case connects to the front pin header (the pins on the board the you connect the hdd, system LED's the power switch and reset switch) You probably can't have the power switch connected to the front header if you have the board out of the case so you'll need to use a small screw driver to "jump out" or "short" the PWR terminals to provide power on the board

Last edited:
The board has a power button on it, underneath a 'Dr. Debug' dual seven-segment display, for reading POST error codes.

Back
Top Bottom