Running SSD with HD

supmahnugga

Solid State Member
So i've got a quick question that i'm hoping has a simple answer. I just bought an SSD and installed windows 7 on it. I previously has my os on my HD. i want to be able to use the HD for media storage and stuff, but i'm not entirely sure how to do that. Do i have to reformat the HD or do i keep the OS on it? Thanks for the help!

the windows install has options to format wen u install but u should be able to got to my computer right click the drive and format it then u can use it for what ever you like

So i've got a quick question that i'm hoping has a simple answer. I just bought an SSD and installed windows 7 on it. I previously has my os on my HD. i want to be able to use the HD for media storage and stuff, but i'm not entirely sure how to do that. Do i have to reformat the HD or do i keep the OS on it? Thanks for the help!

To prevent a startup issue in the near future, I would clear out the old windows 7 partition from your hard drive. :/

1.Go back into your old hard drive, back up whatever files you like.
Depending on the space of your old hard drive, make 4gb ntfs logical partition for basic storage of your files.
2.Next download this: EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com
Click on the direct download link.
3. Install it and follow what I mention at step 1.
4.Once your done click apply so it will do the jobs and finish.
5.When you are ready, you may click your old c partition on your hdd and click delete.

Have it fomat to ntfs, the program will help explain the rest.
Should take you less than 20 minutes to do that no problems.

Back
Top Bottom