Performance Advice

The power supply I have is: Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 500w Power Supply (RS500-PCARD3-US)

Is there any chance that there is a PC with a decent processor that would use my gtx 550 in my price range? Or is it mostly reliant on building it yourself?

The motherboard I chose for you is the same size as the one you currently have so your case would be fine.

Just buy the parts and upgrade yourself. There isn't any point in buying a completely new machine only for a small upgrade in your price range. With the money you have you can buy the parts I mentioned above and run the 270x on your current PSU easy.

Hmmm okay. I'll have to sell my father on the idea. Are there any back-ups in case convincing him doesn't work?

I'll have a job ahead of me trying to convince my father that this is the better choice, but are there any that you can find that are pre-built that would be able to boost my processing speed while still staying in my price range? I want something to fall back on in the case that he doesn't agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it comes to that I will then, but until then it's pointless. You can simply use the argument that you're buying extra unnecessary pieces that waste money.

I've been looking around some and I've found a few parts that sparked my interest. I was hoping you could take a look at them and let me know if they are compatible with both each other and what I already have (planning on getting the new stuff and then taking out all of the pieces of my old one).

Case: Amazon.com : NZXT Guardian 921 RB ATX Mid Tower Case, Black 921RB-001-BL : Desktop Computer Shell Cases : Electronics

CPU: Amazon.com: AMD FD6300WMHKBOX FX-6300 6-Core Processor Black Edition: Computers & Accessories

Mobo: Amazon.com: Gigabyte AM3+ AMD DDR3 1333 760G HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX Motherboard GA-78LMT-USB3: Computers & Accessories

A few more questions on top of this. Will my 500 w power supply be sufficient enough to power all of this? Is there a wireless card in my current mobo that is removable, or is it built in? And finally, would you be able to recommend a graphics card that would be an upgrade to my current one without exceeding $200?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom